Budapest offers diverse locations and high-end studios, equipment, crew and facilities. Budapest has become a popular destination for film and tv production.
The benefits of shooting in Budapest are enormous. The budgets are cost-efficient without forsaking quality. Fluent English is spoken by the majority of the crew and by all the production staff and they’re all extremely welcoming. The studios are top of the range with extensive facilities. The locations are varied and offer many look-a-like locations to most European cities making it an attractive place to shoot your next production.
Film Production Services in Budapest, Hungary
We offer production services for TV commercials, documentaries, short and long-form content, features, music videos and photographic stills across Hungary.
- Budapest based and UK based offices
- Experts in all aspects of Television Production and Film Production
- Full production services covering all aspects of the industry
- High-quality services with exceptional customer service
- The one-stop-shop film production company
Production tax incentive
of country’s GDP is film production
Film production spending in 2019
Most popular location in Europe
Why film in Hungary?
Hungary lays in the heart of Central Europe. The population is almost 10 million. Hungary has a moderately dry, comfortable continental climate. The mean annual temperature is about 50 °F (10 °C). The country offers a ton of cultural entertainment: from festivals through art exhibitions and ballet even to techno parties.
- We can organise every aspect of your production from PPM to post production.
- Provide extensive varied locations
- Provide an extensive selection of studios with sound stages, water tanks and studio lots for building sets
- Secure the industry’s top crew
- Cast local and international talent and background extras
- Recommend local VFX and post houses we know and trust
- Recommend and book local accommodation for all cast & crew
- Manage all visa and work permit enquiries.
Financing for films in Hungary
In Hungary, there is an extremely favourable tax system for feature film production. If you are looking for finance for film production in Hungary we are very well placed to give expert advice and help.
The Hungarian Film Foundation support the majority and minority of Hungarian co-productions
Films produced in Hungary are eligible for a 30% rebate of the cost emerged in the country. Production can request a monthly setting and refund
“Budapest is called Little Paris for a good reason. I’ve shot here several times in the past and I always had a fantastic experience working with the Hungarian crew, no matter if it’s shooting a car commercial making use of the beautiful city architecture or heading out to the countryside to capture a more adventurous story. Budapest is such a film friendly city it makes me come back, again and again. It’s never a struggle to get access to the good locations and the production crews are always there to support you and put that extra mile in to help you make the project the best it can be. Definitely one of my favourite cities. Can’t wait to come back…”
Favoured by the best
Feature films and TV series filmed and produced in Hungary